Saturday, 5 January 2013

The Jacket's Americana Jukebox - Show #31

It's all about Hank this week with a special show commemorating the 60th anniversary of his death with covers, tributes and originals.


Ray Wylie Hubbard ‘Loco Gringo’s Lament’ taken from the 1999 Misery Love Company album ‘Live at Cibolo Creek’

  






Hank Williams ‘I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry’ taken from the 2012 Valuable Records album ‘The Lost Highway’

Hank Williams ‘Lost Highway’ taken from the 2012 Valuable Records album ‘The Lost Highway’’

Hank Williams ‘I’ll Never Get out of the World Alive’ taken from the 2012 Valuable Records album ‘The Lost Highway’

Todd Snider ‘Alcohol and Pills’ taken from the 2004 Oh Boy album ‘East Nashville Skyline’








Dave Alvin and the Guilty Ones ‘Long White Cadillac’ taken from the 2012 Yep Roc album ‘Eleven Eleven Expanded’






Alan Jackson ‘Midnight in Montgomery’ taken from the 2011 Sony Music album ’34 Number Ones’









Emmylou Harris ‘Rollin’ and Ramblin’ (The Death of Hank Williams)’ taken from the 1990 Reprise album ‘Brand New Dance’








Slaid Cleeves ‘29’ taken from the 2000 Rounder Europe album ‘No Angel Knows’









Jerry Jeff Walker ‘I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight’ taken from the 1989 Rykodisc album ‘Live From Gruene Hall’








Neko Case ‘Alone and Foresaken’ taken from the 2001 Lady Pilot Records EP ‘Canadian Amp’









Charley Pride ‘Kaw-Liga’ taken from the 2009 NPL album ‘Pride of the Country’









Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan ‘Ramblin’ Man’ taken from the 2006 V2 album ‘Ballad of The Broken Seas’






 


Hank Williams ‘Hey, Good Lookin’’ taken from the 2012 Valuable Records album ‘The Lost Highway’

Hank Williams ‘Jambalaya (on the Bayou)’ taken from the 2009 Smith & Co. album ‘The Legendary Hank Williams, Vol. 1’

Hank Williams ‘I Saw the Light’ taken from the 2008 Prism Leisure album ‘The Legendary Hank Williams’


No comments: