Thursday 8 January 2009

Thank you myspace



My friend requests folder in myspace falls into two categories: scantily clad females who think I have "the coolest profile", and bands. Like all spam the first is easily dealt with (check, delete) but bands are trickier as I feel obliged to give all of them a listen which takes time and most of the time this is a waste of time.

Every once in a while though you hear something special. "Buzzround" fall into this rarest of categories. One listen to "Carolina" was enough to get me hooked and by the time I was half way through "With You" I had downloaded their self titled debut album which is a blend of bluesy, soulful, country-southern-rock.

These guys would go down a storm at the Lumi or Borderline; I hope they get the chance to cross the pond from North Carolina and pay us a visit.

No comments: