Sunday 4 January 2009

Miles to go

"We've got a new song" said Pete from Retrofin, "that we won't need to ask people to sing to, they just will".

Some musicians send me MP3's of their new stuff, not Retrofin though. If I wanted to hear it I had to get my backside down to the rehearsal rooms on a rather chilly Sunday morning rather than sit at my PC next to a nice warm radiator.

"The Curse" is a bit of an epic: as big as "Road To Ruin" and as catchy as "They Get You When You Sleep". Today was the first run through with all the band and after just three plays it was ready to make it's live debut at the end of January in Canning Town's Bridgehouse II.

Another new track "I Am The Catalyst" also got it's first airing and with "She's Going Away" and "Devil May Care" progressing nicely as a live tracks plus another half a dozen songs written, things are sounding good for the second Retrofin album.

No comments: